Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Hello again, friends

When I started this blog on a whim halfway through my sophomore year in college I had no expectations.  My first post I literally included the link and a caption saying “I started a blog…. read it.  Or don’t."  I didn’t care what people thought about it.  I did it because I felt inspired from a couple of courses I was taking in philosophy and political science among various other enlightening experiences that had sparked something in me.  I was curious as to how these thoughts would translate into words and had a lot of fun doing it.  I received a lot of positive responses and loved writing, but for some reason I just stopped. Whether it was because of a growing fear of judgement, my busy schedule, or probably a combination of the two. I started thinking too much about writing something that people would “like.”  I mean actually like and Facebook like.  This was the opposite of what I wanted to achieve with my writing, so I simply stopped.

I feel like I finally have the motivation again mainly thanks to a major transition happening in my life. There’s a few times in life when reflection seems inevitable and graduating college definitely seems like one of them.  So I started writing again.  I started two notebooks.  One is my journal, and the other is filled with posts to publish on this blog.  The truth is, some thoughts are simply too personal/intimate, which are things that most people don’t want/need/deserve to know.

I find it surprisingly relaxing and therapeutic to just to sit down after a meaningful experience and walk through it, revisiting pivotal moments to promote clarity.  It's an emotional release, a thought provoker, an organizer.  I want to fully process and solidify valuable lessons while feeling gratitude by writing about them...whether I share them with the world or not.


"Writing is perhaps the greatest of human inventions, binding together people, citizens of distant epochs, who never knew one another.  Books break the shackles of time, proof that humans can work magic."

-Carl Sagan

"My philosophy is: It's none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier."

-Sir Anthony Hopkins.


I have a few pieces I’ve been working on and will post them over the next couple of weeks!

I got nothing but love for y’all.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment